Friday, July 21, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Friends, CC Training, and Date Night

We visited Antarctica this week!

Saturday evening John took me on a date to a restaurant that he had been wanting to try for a long time.  It was a nice place which was a lovely change from the casual restaurants that we usually patronize.  An evening out is always fun!

On Monday, we drove up to Houston to the Museum of Natural Science to spend some time with friends.  We hadn't seen them in a while, so it was wonderful to see them again.  And the museum had some new exhibits that we enjoyed.  I especially enjoyed the Hall of Curiosities; apparently, the museum had a bunch of stuff in the basement, and they decided to display it.  We were allowed to touch almost all of it, and the museum didn't even know what some of it was.  :)  There was another exhibit of pictures someone had taken in Antarctica which is where I took the picture above.

That evening, my book club met.  But we didn't discuss the book.  There were several reasons why, but we enjoyed good fellowship.  So we had a good time.

I had training on Tuesday for my being the director of our local Classical Conversations campus.  It was all day long, so my wonderful husband took the day off to keep our children.  Shortly after I arrived at the training, he called to say that Hannah was running a fever.  So he had to deal with a fussy, sick toddler, too.  What a man!

I was glad to stay home Wednesday to get caught up on my household chores!

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Sarah Beth had a swimming lesson on Thursday, working on her flip turns.  While she learned, I took advantage of the nursery for Hannah and went swimming with my other children.
  • I finished a short course from Adore Your Wardrobe and found it interesting.  I feel like I've been wearing too many t-shirts and jean shorts, so I want to start dressing a little bit nicer when I'm headed out of the house.  This course gave me a nice beginning!
  • We're starting CC in just a few weeks, and I've enjoyed starting to set things up and get things ready.  
I have several errands to take care of this morning.  Then we have a quiet weekend at home planned which will be useful because I have a lot to do to get ready for another CC training course next week.  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: