Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May 2013 Goals Update


Well, I did better in May with my goals for the year than I did in April.  Yea!  Here's how I did:
  • Read through my book list.  I've read at least parts of six of the fourteen books on my reading list, so I'm almost halfway done.  Considering the year is not quite halfway over, I'm right on target!
  • Exercise.  John fixed the treadmill last week, and I started using it yesterday.  Hooray!
  • Have one fun day in school per month.  We didn't celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day like I had hoped due to sickness, but we still had a good time.
  • Take one field trip per month.  The only thing that remotely could be considered a field trip this month was the trip to see Rachel's doctor for her JDM.  But we went to Build-a-Bear afterwards, so maybe it does count?
  • Date night.  We didn't have one.  I need to find and schedule a babysitter this month!
  • Home improvement project.  I finished this doily that I plan to frame and hang in our living room.  I just need to get around to taking it to be framed....
  • Service project.  I've been going through stuff, and I have a pick-up load of maternity and baby things to take to the local pregnancy center.  I'm not sure how to get it all there unless John takes a day off work.
  • Blogging on more serious topics.  I think I've written a few of those.  I have one in the works about whether Christians should send their children to public schools; are you interested in my publishing it?
  • Hospitality.  We did not have anyone over last month, but I'm finally getting the house together enough to have someone over.  Finally.
  • Work.  I'm still working on getting my license here.  It's a much, much easier process than in Florida.
  • Having my children do more around the house.  I'm having to get used to doing this again.  It's just easier to do things myself, but John is helping me to have them do more around the house which is better than doing it all myself.
I took this advice to set three goals for the summer, and I thought this was just as good a place as any to record them.

My summer goals:
  • Get the children swimming.  Daniel and Sarah Beth are signed up for swimming lessons, and we joined a local pool.  Those two need to learn to swim this year.  Hopefully, Rachel won't be too long behind.
  • Learn to crochet a border.  I have several flannel blankets that could use some sprucing up with a crocheted border.  Since I already know how to crochet, I don't think it will be too hard to figure this out.  I've been meaning to do this for years, and now I'm finally going to get to it!
  • Do something with somebody.  It's been hard meeting people here in Texas.  The church we've been attending is very small with no families with children our children's ages.  With school over, I'm not seeing those women anymore.  I've been trying other things like story time and a crocheting class at the library, but it's hard.  Being introverted, it's hard for me to ask someone to do something, but if I don't do it, it won't happen.  That's where this goal comes in.  I want to do something with someone at least once a month.  It will probably include my (and their) children which is perfectly fine because my children need friends, too.  If you have any suggestions on how else to meet people, I would love to hear them.
How are you doing with your yearly goals?  Will you set any for the summer?

No comments: