Friday, May 3, 2013

3 in 30: More Fun in Rain Boots


Rachel would not stand still for the camera.

We had a nice, relatively quiet week at home.  It rained a good bit, though, so we've been thankful for our rain boots.  We got school done four days with another morning spent running errands and at the library for story time.  Do your children love going to the library as much as mine do?

Sarah Beth is like her mother:  she likes to walk in the mud puddles without getting dirty and messy.

But with a new month comes new goals, at least two new goals.

 
Daniel likes the mud puddles, too, but not as much as Rachel. 
  • Continue unpacking, sorting, and putting away.  I knew that I wouldn't get done unpacking last month, so I figured I would carry that goal over to this one.  There are days when I think, "Wow!  I got a bunch done!"  And there are days when I think, "Did I unpack a single thing?"  My goal for this month is to spend at least 15 minutes, five days a week toward this goal.  I will take Sunday off because it's a day of rest, and I'm giving myself another day when I'm just too busy with other stuff.  I think I've done well with this goal this week.
  • Work on my laziness.  It's taking me 20 to 25 minutes to get out of bed in the morning after my alarm goes off, and it's taking me three or four days sometimes to get the laundry folded.  I've got to do better.  I did pretty well with the laundry this week but not getting up.
  • Bake something new every week.  I accumulate dessert recipes, but I rarely try them.  So I've got a bunch that look really good, but that I haven't made to see if they're actually any good.  Well, the church we've been attending has lunch every Sunday after the service, so I thought that might be a good time to try new recipes.  I mean, that way we're not stuck eating all of it, and if it's not any good, well, there should be other desserts there.  Does that sound bad?  
Mary is more like Sarah Beth.  I was thrilled that they had boots in her (almost) size.

What do you have in store for the month?

No comments: