Friday, May 24, 2013

3 in 30: Another Good Week!


We got out more this week than last week which was nice; no sick children is always good!  We ran a few errands on Monday, and we went to story time at the library on Wednesday.  Other than that, we were home which was nice.  And we only have three more weeks of school left which makes me excited!  We've been taking advantage of the nice weather and playing outside.  But it's getting hot, so I made a change in our schedule.  Instead of starting school first, we go outside to take care of the chickens and play a little bit.  Then we come inside for school and the rest of the day while it's hot and head back outside when it cools off.  I know it's only going to get hotter.  Ugh!

Here's how I did with my goals this:
  • Continue unpacking, sorting, and putting away.  I realized at the start of this week that I only had seven boxes left to unpack, so I decided to work hard at getting those taken care of.  There are three boxes left right now:  two are crochet things that I need to find a place for and can wait until I do; and the last one should be easy, and I should get to it today.  Hooray!  Let me be frank, though; there is still a lot left for me to do, the things that got unpacked without being sorted and put away are sitting all over the house.  
  • Work on my laziness when it comes to getting out of bed and getting the laundry folded.  I'm doing better at folding the laundry than getting out of bed, but it's coming.
  • Bake something new every week, trying them out at church lunches.  While I didn't try them out at a church lunch, I did try a few new recipes this week.  First, I tried  Chicken and Cheese Calzones; I left out the broccoli because John doesn't care for it (I don't think any man really does), and I used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese.  Yum!  Everyone ate it, even my pickiest eaters.  It was the first time I had made pizza dough, so I was excited about that, too.  I used this recipe, and I'll be making it again, too.  I also tried Slow Cooked Cheeseburger Casserole, and that was also a keeper.  Thanks, Tracey!  Instead of printing out recipes to try at some point, I'm making more of an effort to try them soon after finding them, and I'm proud of myself for this!
Hopefully, the chicken coop will come today so we will spend the afternoon/evening putting that together.  If so, I'll have pictures for you!

What did you accomplish this week?

This post is linked with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life.

No comments: