Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Review: A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr


In A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr, Errol starts off as a young drunkard.  He "lost himself in the barrel" (as other characters say), but through a strange turn of events ends up on a journey.  As Errol continues on the journey, he comes out of the barrel and becomes the man he should be.  Of course, there are many people chasing him during this journey, people who want him dead, but no one knows why.  No one realizes why he is so important, least of all Errol.  Although it has a bit of a slow start, this book takes the reader on a wild, adventure-filled ride.

Books that are Christian fantasy can be hard to deal with.  Are they allegories or parables?  Or are they simply fantasy written by a Christian author?  I think this book should be read as just Christian fantasy without trying to apply too much else to it.  It's a fun read, and I can't wait for the next book to come out.

I want to thank Bethany House for my copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: