Friday, April 5, 2013

3 in 30: New Goals for a New House


It's nice to get back into this monthly goal-setting after two months off.  With our computer broken, I wasn't able to post anything; and then with the disorder of getting ready to move and then moving, I couldn't make goals anyway.  But here I am again with simple goals for the month, simple but not necessarily easy.
  • Unpack.  Even with my mother's help over the weekend, I still have many boxes to unpack.  The important things are unpacked...I think.
  • Put away.  Everything that gets unpacked needs to be put away, and that is harder than unpacking.  I have to find a place for everything, and I'm the only one who can do it, and I find this task overwhelming at times.
  • Get back into a routine.  Ever since John moved here to Texas at the beginning of February, our routine has been thrown out of whack.  With him gone, I didn't cook much, so I look forward to getting back into that.  We took three weeks off from school:  one for the move, the next week while we were in the rental house, and this week for me to work on unpacking.  So we need to get back into our school routine.  One good thing about homeschooling is being able to do school during the summer to make up lost time; that's also a bad thing.  And there are other chores that I need to get used to doing again.
I don't expect to get everything done this month, but I would like to make a good dent into these things.  What are you hoping to accomplish this month?

By the way, I did finish my recipe notebook at the end of January, but I just wasn't able to post about it.

This post is linked up with Aurie at Welcome to our Good Life.

No comments: