Friday, April 19, 2013

3 in 30: Getting Things Done


This week has been interesting, fun, and good.  The interesting and fun part was getting chicks last Saturday.  It's been so much fun watching their silly antics, and Sarah Beth and Daniel have really enjoyed catching and holding them.  Rachel and Mary are fascinated, too.  The good part was finding a doctor for Rachel; you never know what you're going to get when you first see a doctor, but we were pleasantly surprised.  Other than those two things, it has been a fairly quiet week which was nice.  Here's how I did with my goals:.
  • Unpack.  I planned not to unpack any boxes this week, but my children finagled me into unpacking three boxes of their toys.  I haven't figured out exactly what to do with the toys I unpacked, but at least it's three more empty boxes.  (I think it's time to get rid of some toys.)
  • Put away.  I concentrated on this aspect of unpacking this week.  I would like to get the house in good enough shape to have someone over for supper.  The house doesn't have to be (and won't be!) perfect, but the living areas should be decently clean and neat.  Just stay out of our closet -- it's an absolute wreck.  I hate going in there because of the mess, but I think I'm going to start working in there tomorrow.
  • Get back into a routine.  We are getting back into our routine.  Hooray!  We're getting school done, suppers fixed, laundry washed, etc..  I even baked a loaf of bread this week.  Yea!  And I've been able to incorporate my new chicks into our routine.
How was your week?  What were you able to accomplish?

This post is linked up with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life:  3in30.

No comments: