Friday, April 26, 2013

3 in 30: Fun, Fun!


On Monday, I took all four children to buy rain boots.  I think rain boots, or something similar, are necessary for life on a small farm.  I want my children to have shoes I they don't have to worry about keeping clean.  And they need shoes they can wear no matter how wet it is outside because chickens have to be fed even if it's raining.


So after we bought rain boots, the weather God blessed us with rain.  How nice was that!  Rachel and Mary discovered the joy of splashing in puddles, so much so that they had mud all over themselves.  Rachel saw her hat this morning and said, "My hat has choclit on it."  No, Rachel, that's mud.


Yesterday, we went strawberry picking.  We had a cold snap this week, and it seemed strange to pick strawberries while wearing jeans and long-sleeved shirts, wanting jackets.  But it was nice having our rain boots!  Ironically, we were thankful for cloudy weather because it meant that we didn't have to worry about Rachel getting too much sun.  And we're looking forward to strawberry bread this weekend!

Here's how I did with my goals this month:
  • Unpack.  I knew that I wouldn't get all of the boxes unpacked this month, but I hoped I would get more done.  This week, I only unpacked one or two boxes.  At least, all of the important boxes have been unpacked.  This goal will be carried over to next week.
  • Put away.  I concentrated more on finding places for things that were already unpacked this week.  I even started the master closet which seemed like such a mess that I would never get it straightened out.  (I dreaded going into it, it was so bad!)  However, it's amazing what you can get done in fifteen minute time periods.
  • Get back into a routine.  We are pretty much back into a routine, and that is very nice.  I can't help but feel that, if I could let the routine slide, I could get more unpacking done.  But I can't (and don't want to) do that.  
How did you do this week?  Have you been strawberry picking yet this year, or are you planning to go?

This post is linked up with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life.



No comments: