Friday, March 15, 2013

Finally, Finally, the Waiting is Over...Almost

I have a confession to make.  I didn't share this with you earlier because I didn't want to publish it on the internet for anyone to read.  It's not that I don't trust you, but I can't be sure who reads this blog.

Anyway, my confession is that John has been in Texas since the beginning of February.  Yes, we have been without a husband and father for about seven looooooong weeks, although I did fly out there to look at a house in February, so I have seen him...once.  But we're driving into Jacksonville today to pick him up from the airport, and we're so excited!

And with John's arrival, things will move into high gear.  Saturday night, we're going out to dinner with some of our friends.  Two couples wanted to have us over this weekend, but we just weren't going to have time for both--unless we combined!  So we're all getting babysitters and going out to eat.  It will be nice for all of us since none of us do this very often.

Sunday will be our last day at our church here, so we will have to say good-bye to all of our friends here.  And my mother is coming that evening to help with our move.

On Monday, the movers are coming, and they will pack up the house Monday and Tuesday.  Then Wednesday morning, we head for Houston.  We plan to stop the night in Louisiana with John's mother and finish the drive on Thursday.

Once we arrive in Houston, we'll head to the rental house where John has been staying.  Friday we will close on our new house, and our stuff will be brought to us the following Friday.  There are repairs that need to be done before we move in, hence the delay.

So we will be a week in the rental house, but my mother has big plans for us:  getting my Texas driver's license, finding the library and getting my library card, things like that.  Sarah Beth, Daniel, and I will continue our co-op; there's a group nearby that we can plug into, and we're excited about that.

As for my internet access, it will be hit and miss, so there won't be any new posts for a while, at least until we move into our new house.  (And I can't wait to show you pictures!) I will be able to check my email and Facebook intermittently, if you try to contact me.

So those are our plans for the next two weeks.  It's sad to be closing out this chapter of life, but it's exciting to be starting a new one!

No comments: