Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review: Love's Complete by Teresa Hull


Love's Complete by Teresa Hull tells the story of one family's adoption of a Russian child.  I don't expect that there are many books about this particular subject, so I was excited to read this one even though we don't plan to adopt a child from Russia.  However, while the pictures are adequate, the writing leaves much to be desired.  The story is written in poetry, but the lines are short and choppy.  I think this book would read better if the lines were longer, and if more information were included.  I had to stop quite often to explain things to my children which I expected since they aren't familiar with the adoption process, but some things could have been explained better.

Would I recommend this book?  Sure, I would recommend it to a family wanting to adopt a child from Russia...if they couldn't find anything better.

I want to thank BookSneeze for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: