Thursday, February 28, 2013

January and February Review of Yearly Goals

It's been about a month since I've done any real blogging, and I have really missed it.  It looks like it will be another month or so before I get the computer back, and I just cannot wait that long.  I'm going to try to do a little more posting via the iPad and at the library.  We'll see how it goes.

One of the things I miss the most about blogging is not having any accountability for my yearly goals.  With no accountability, I tend not to do things, unfortunately.  So here is how I'm doing with my goals so far this year, for both January and February.
  • Read certain books.  I've gotten a couple of books read from my reading list.  Hopefully, I will get the reviews written soon.
  • Exercise.  I haven't exercisd since...I don't know when.  I plan to start back after our move.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  In January, we celebrated Winnie the Pooh Day, but we missed Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday that we had planned to celebrate.  FYI:  Saturday is Dr. Seuss' birthday.
  • Take one field trip a month.  We visited my good friend Laura for a few days, and we visited a Western art muserum while we were there.  You can see some (really cute) pictures here.
  • Date night.  John and I had one of these both months.  Hooray!
  • Home improvement project.  In January, I finished updating my recipe notebook, and there are a lot of recipes (especially desserts) that I need to try.  I haven't done much this month other than trying to keep the house relatively neat and clean for potential buyers.
  • Service project.  Does it count that I'm cleaning out baby things before our move by taking them to our local pregnancy center?  I also wrote a letter to a man imprisoned for his faith via Voice of the Martyrs.
  • Blogging.  With our computer down, I'm not doing much blogging at all, much less on the weightier topics I was planning to write about.
  • Hospitality.  We had a family over one night in January but not in February.
  • Work.  I need to get my Texas license, and after we move, I can start working on getting a job.
  • Children.  I forgot this goal when I was making my list, but I want my children to do more around the house.  I have another post planned on this topic, but basically, I want my children to build their self-confidence by learning to do tasks around the house.  Lately, they've been helping keep the house neat, but I have also been asking little things from them, such as getting napkins for the family when we eat supper at church, or getting their own dessert.  It's kind of a big deal to walk across the fellowship hall all by yourself!
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: