Monday, February 25, 2013

Book Review: The Girl in the Glass by Susan Meissner


Meg has dreamed of visiting Florence ever since she was a child.  First, her grandmother was going to take her, but after she died, Meg's father promised that he was.  Now that Meg is in her thirties, she is starting to give up on her dream...until her father, acting strangely, finally makes the travel arrangements.  While in Florence, Meg makes new friends and discovers things about herself.

This book is another one about someone finding himself.  But it was fun to read, and I enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed the descriptions of some of the wonderful art found in Florence.  I didn't realize the statue of David was so big, nor did I realize there was so much art gathered in that one city.

I want to thank WaterBrook Multnomah for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: