Friday, January 18, 2013

3 in 30: Not Such a Successful Week

Happy Winnie the Pooh Day!  Did you know that today was Pooh Day?  Actually, today is A.A. Milne's birthday, and someone declared it Winnie the Pooh Day.  My children aren't too familiar with Pooh, although they do know who he is.  So I've decided to teach them a little about Pooh today.  We started by having biscuits with honey for breakfast.  Then we read several books about Pooh and his friends by A.A. Milne.  We followed that up with watching the Tigger movie.  I would have loved to make some kind of honey cake or something, but we just won't have time today.  But what we did was fun!

However, I did not get much done toward my goals this week.  I feel like I have a good excuse, though.  Since we're moving to Texas soon, we put our house on the market this week.  On Tuesday, we had a caravan of realtors come through, and later that day a showing, so that day was shot.  Also, our co-op started back this week, and we were all really excited about that.  But that means that Thursdays aren't going to be good for much since we're all so tired when we get home.  But it's worth it.

With all of that said, here's how I did with my goals this week:
  • As part of my home improvement goal, I want to update my recipe notebook.  Basically, since I made it a few years ago, I haven't updated it.   I didn't do a thing on this goal this week.  But I've got two more weeks, so I'm not too worried about it, especially since I got so much done last week.
  • As part of updating my recipe notebook, I want to try at least one new recipe a week.  I did try a new recipe for our church potluck on Sunday.  I made Chocolate Chip Cake Bars, but I cannot find the recipe anymore on Allrecipes or I would link back to it.  The bars were okay, but they were quick and easy to make for a potluck, so I'm sure I'll make them again.  And they seemed to be a hit.
  • I want to quickly go through the whole house and get rid of things we don't use or need.  And this time, I have a schedule!  This week, I spent fifteen to twenty minutes in my closet and bedroom.  Next week, I plan to do the children's rooms.  Then the kitchen, living room, and laundry room.  And the last week, the playroom.  I did nothing toward this goal, either.  Honestly, I forgot all about it.  I was supposed to do the children's room and the living room.  It'll have to wait until next week.
What have you done this week?  What were you able to get accomplished?

This post is linked up with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life 3in30.

No comments: