Friday, January 4, 2013

3 in 30: A New Year with (Mostly) New Goals


We started getting back to our normal schedule this week which was nice.  Can you tell that I enjoy my routine?  We had school a couple of days, but we also enjoyed having John home with us Tuesday.  Wednesday, I had to take Rachel for blood work, and that is the least favorite worst part of my being a mother.  But last Saturday, we took a trip to the zoo:  fun!

With a return to our regular lives, comes a return to monthly goal making.  And here are my goals for January.
  • I would like to join my yearly goals with my monthly ones when I can, so I can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.  As part of my home improvement goal, I want to update my recipe notebook.  Basically, since I made it a few years ago, I haven't updated it.  So I want to punch holes in the recipes I've used and liked, throw out the ones that we didn't like (why didn't I do that before?), and do something with the ones I haven't gotten around to trying yet.  This week, I sorted all the recipes by subject, the kind of dish it is.  Next week, I want to sort them by ones that I've tried and ones that I haven't tried.
  • As part of updating my recipe notebook, I want to try at least one new recipe a week, one from the myriads of recipes I've accumulated over the years without trying.  I didn't get around to this goal this week because I had already been to the grocery store before I made this goal.  Maybe I'll have to try two next week?
  • Do you remember how I kept setting goals of sorting last year, and how I never achieved them?  Not this time!  I want to quickly go through the whole house and get rid of things we don't use or need.  And this time, I have a schedule!  This week, I spent fifteen to twenty minutes in my closet and bedroom.  Next week, I plan to do the children's rooms.  Then the kitchen, living room, and laundry room.  And the last week, the playroom.  
What have you accomplished this week?  Have you started school back?  Do you accumulate recipes faster than you can try them?  What do you do with recipes you haven't tried yet?  What do you do with your recipes?  Do you feel like we're playing 20 Questions?

This post is linked with Aurie at Welcome to our Good Life 3in30.

No comments: