Friday, July 8, 2011

FO Friday

Wow! This blanket looks small in this picture. Actually, it measures a little more than three feet in diameter and is supposed to be perfectly round. I think I just didn't take the time to stretch it out correctly for this picture to make it look perfectly round.

When my good friend Laura bought this book, I knew I had to get a copy, too. (She made this blanket; didn't she do a great job? And look at what else she can do!) Was that selfish or covetous of me to want my own copy? I hope not! I actually got my copy back in March or April, but thanks to my "morning" sickness that was exacerbated by looking at, thinking of, or doing crochet, I was just now able to make something from it. It was fun, and I'm sure I'll make something else soon.

I made this blanket for a friend (I hope she doesn't read my blog!) whose baby shower is next week, and I was really hoping that I would get it done in time. She doesn't know if she is having a boy or a girl, so I hope this blanket is sufficiently gender-neutral. What do you think?

9 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

That's beautiful, Nikki. I just got that book myself, and am looking forward to making something(s) from it.

Miranda said...

It turned out beautifully :). Congrats on your pregnancy! You must like to keep busy lol ;). Joking aside, I truly believe all children are a gift from God. Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Nikki said...

Crazymotheringchick, it's a great book, isn't it? It's got lots of beautiful and fun-looking designs.

Nikki said...

Miranda, thanks!

Tracey said...

Wow - that's beautiful!! You did a wonderful job and I'm sure the mom and baby will love it!

Laura said...

You got it done!! It looks great! I love that color and I think it's perfect for a boy or a girl. You're so fast.

Nikki said...

Tracey, thanks! And I hope so!

Laura, I've been doing this (crocheting) a lot longer than you, so I ought to be a little bit quicker. It won't take you long to catch up, though.

Charity said...

So beautiful!! I'm sure the new mommy will love it!! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Thanks, Chari!