Friday, October 20, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Time with my Children


This week has been crazy!  At least, it has felt that way to me although I have a feeling that when I type it all out, it won't sound so bad.  :)  It actually started on Saturday when John left.  He's been gone all week, and that always throws a wrench into things.  Then I was gone almost all day, first to Sarah Beth's soccer game and then taking Rachel to see The Secret Garden.  We really enjoyed spending time together, but, well, the musical wasn't as good as I had hoped.  

Monday, I was again gone for a long time, most of the afternoon and evening.  One of my children had an appointment north of Houston, so I enjoyed spending that time with her, but it was a long drive!


I was able to schedule my week around these things, but we had plans Thursday and Friday that would keep us from doing school.  Thursday is my new Bible study.  Just as I had things figured out, friends gave us five tickets to the Houston Children's Museum.  How nice!  The only problem was that they expired on Friday, today!  So I had to rework my schedule -- again.  But this kind of opportunity doesn't come up very often, so I wanted to take advantage of it.

But then I was able to move things around on Friday so we could do school in the morning.  And Bible study was cancelled because no one else could go.  So my week ended up not as crazy as I had thought.  :)

Oh, and I made dermatologist appointments for two of my children that I had to cancel, and I had to schedule a meeting with some of the CC parents.  Two more things to deal with.  :)

Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
  • the time with Rachel at The Secret Garden.
  • Sunday rest.  I needed it!
  • being home most of Tuesday.
  • Kroger's QuickPick because I certainly did not have time to grocery shop this week.
  • the wonderful time we had at the Children's Museum.  My children were old enough to enjoy it and to stay with me.  Except Hannah, of course, but chasing down one child is easy.  :)
  • being home Thursday to do school even though I missed Bible study.
  • the Homeschool Summit.  An online homeschool conference with wonderful speakers?  Yes, please!!  I listened to an excellent talk by Andrew Pudewa yesterday.
  • spending time with the CC mothers even though it was watching videos about CC.
  • the cooler weather.  We actually had to wear jeans a couple of days this week!  It is fall!
Sarah Beth has another soccer game tomorrow morning, and I look forward to cheering her on.  Other than that, I think it's going to be a quiet week.

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: