Friday, October 27, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A "Normal" Week

Rachel and I at The Secret Garden two weeks ago.

Our new normal week is just busy, well, busier than I would like.  I'm coming to terms with that.  ;)  My ideal week would have us staying home for three days, having CC on another, and running various other errands (including Bible study and piano lessons) on the last.  But it just doesn't work that way.  Now I feel fortunate when we're home for a whole day without leaving the house.  :)  Yes, I'm a homebody!

Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
  • a new family is joining our CC campus!
  • while I did not enjoy not having Bible study this week, it was nice to be home that morning.
  • we're a little bit ahead in school, so we're going to take Monday off to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation along with running a few errands.
  • some time with Sarah Beth and Rachel.  They had a doctor's appointment yesterday, so I took them out for that and a few other errands.  (I left the other three home with a babysitter.)
  • getting some needed errands done!
Tomorrow I'm running my second race of the year.  It's supposed to be cold, so I hope I don't freeze!  Afterwards, John's work is throwing a party for the families of its employees.  My children are looking forward to that!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?


No comments: