Friday, October 13, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A New Bible Study and Running Errands with Hannah


It occurred to me last week that most of my friends don't stay with their children at their music lessons.  I thought, "I can do that, too."  So I checked with my children's piano teacher, and she said it was fine for me not to stay.  Hooray!  Now I've got an hour every week when I can run a few errands with Hannah alone.  Dealing with one toddler is easy compared with four children and a toddler.  :)

I also started a new Bible study this week and really enjoyed it.  Most of the other ladies homeschool their children and bring them to the study, too.  I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to work school around the study since we meet in the morning.  I will probably have to experiment with several different options before I figure out the best way to get both done.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • fall.  It feels like fall, although the weather hasn't cooled down much.  I think I feel it more in the wind blowing and the way the sunlight shines on our yard.  It's hard to explain; do you know what I mean?  But I like it!  Even though we're still wearing shorts.  :)
  • The American Miracle:  Divine Providence in the Rise of the Republic by Michael Medved.  I appreciate the way the author goes through the history of the United States starting with the Pilgrims, showing how God worked throughout it.
Tomorrow I'm taking Rachel to see The Secret Garden, a musical up in Houston.  She has been looking forward to this ever since I bought the tickets.  I look forward to spending time with her, too! But first, we'll watch Sarah Beth in her soccer game.  It's going to be a busy day, so I'll really appreciate resting on Sunday!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: