Friday, October 6, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Being Home!

At the World War II Memorial.

It has been a crazy six weeks for us!  First, we spent two weeks with my parents after evacuating our home because of Harvey.  Exactly two weeks after we returned, we drove to D.C. for a wonderful history tour and were gone more than a week.  Now I'm so glad to be home!  And I'm so glad that we don't have any trips planned for quite a while.  I'm ready to stay home!

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • the wisdom to take Monday off from school.  I was busy all day unpacking, putting things away, and getting ready for the rest of the week.  
  • having done laundry at the hotel in D.C. so I didn't have to get it all done on Monday.
  • that my jogging is going well since I have a race at the end of the month.
Mostly, this week I enjoyed being home and getting back into our routine.  Since that was my goal, it was a great week!  :)

We look forward to cheering Sarah Beth on in her soccer game tomorrow.  Other than that, it should be a quiet weekend at home, thank goodness!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: