Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Book Review: The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn


from the back cover:  Jesus spent more time talking about money and possessions than about heaven and hell combined.  But too often we've overlooked or misunderstood His most profound teaching on this topic from His words in Matthew 6.  

Far from discouraging His followers from pursuing treasure, Jesus offers us life-changing investment advice.  He actually wants us to store up treasure for ourselves -- just not here on earth.  Instead He urges us to store our treasure in heaven, where they will await us, and last forever.  We can't take it with us -- but we can send it on ahead!

When I saw this book was available for review, I snatched it up!  I have enjoyed everything I have read by this author, and this book was no exception.  Jam-packed with Scripture backing up his claims, Alcorn lays out the case for not hoarding our wealth here on earth.  Rather we should use the resources God has blessed us with, and in so doing, send treasures ahead to heaven where we can enjoy them forever.  The author does not have any problems with wealth; he just wants to encourage his readers to use their wealth to further God's kingdom.  This short, little book will help you think about your possessions in a new way -- if you let it.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: