Monday, October 9, 2017

Book Review: How to Listen so People Will Talk by Becky Harling


Who doesn't want to connect with others by going deeper in conversation?  Who doesn't want others to confide more in them, growing the relationship?  But most of us don't know the best ways to accomplish these things.  The key, according to Becky Harling, is listening in such a way that others are encouraged to talk.  What a revolutionary idea that makes perfect sense!

Harling includes many helpful tips and loads of advice on how best to listen to others so that they feel heard.  By keeping our mouths shut, our advice to ourselves, and concentrating on what our family and friends are saying, our relationships can really grow.  There are even a couple of pages at the end of each chapter that give practical ways to implement her strategies.

I can't recommend this book enough!  As a matter of fact, I think this book would be an excellent one to read every year!

I want to thank Bethany House Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.  

No comments: