Friday, August 18, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Trip to HMNS for the Butterfly Release


I was hoping that things would quiet down a little bit once we started back to school, that we would be home more.  Maybe not.  :)  We were out of the house a good bit more than I wanted this week, but I guess the good thing is that we were still able to get school done.

We were supposed to start CC on Tuesday, but I didn't have the insurance forms the church where we're meeting requested, so we had to postpone a week.  Instead, I took my children to the Houston Museum of Natural Science for their butterfly release which happens on Tuesdays in the summer.  That was fun, and we enjoyed spending some time in the museum as well.

We had to run several more errands during the week which took us out of the house more than I wanted, but here are a few other things I enjoyed:
  • Daniel's glasses' warranty.  They broke Tuesday night, but they were still under warranty so we were able to get them replaced for FREE!  
  • Making plans with my mother for her to visit.
  • Picking up my groceries at Kroger.  I mention this again because we weren't there ten minutes altogether.  It was so quick this time that I couldn't believe it!
  • Spending time with friends at the museum.
  • Finding toys that actually occupy Hannah (18 months) during school.  
  • The free Bible study about friendship by Lifeway We Saved You a Seat.  I've enjoyed doing this study even though I'm doing it by myself.  I'm on week two, and it has some great tips for being a better friend.
John is taking our oldest four children to see an Astros game tonight, thanks to Mary winning the tickets during summer reading.  I'm glad they're not playing the Atlanta Braves because that could cause a problem since I grew up rooting for the Braves!  I think the rest of the weekend should be relatively quiet.

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: