Friday, August 11, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Back to School and Preparing for CC

Mary (5) lost three teeth in a week.  After the third one came out, she told me, "Pretty soon, I won't have any left!"

I've had another busy week, preparing for our Classical Conversations campus to start back next week.  As director, it's a lot of work, but once we start back, it will mostly be done.  Hooray for that!

But I'm also tutoring the afternoon Essentials class which includes parsing sentences and IEW for writing.  I will have to prepare lesson plans each week which will keep me busy.  I look forward to it, however.

Things I enjoyed this week:
  • whenever I was able to cross something off my to-do list.  :)
  • a pool party for our CC campus on Monday.  One of the families graciously opened up their home and pool to us.  
  • the first Essentials parent/tutor meeting on Tuesday evening.  Despite problems with the DVD player, we got things figured out (with some help!) and were able to watch the required and very helpful DVDs.  We also enjoyed each other's company during the downtime.  
  • starting school back.  Okay, I wasn't really ready for this and maybe didn't enjoy it so much, but I do enjoy knowing that the first week is DONE!
  • picking up my groceries via Kroger's QuickPick.  Last week, it was a disaster, but I learned not to try to pick my groceries up on Friday evening.  A very, very bad time.
We have a quiet weekend planned which I look forward to.  I should have some time to finish up the last minute things for CC.

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: