Friday, July 7, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Trip and a Long Weekend


Saturday morning we packed up and left to visit John's mother in Louisiana.  We enjoyed spending time with her and her husband, and while we were there, we also got to see John's brother and his wife.  It was a good trip.

Monday was John's birthday, and he took our three oldest children to a water park to celebrate.  I stayed home with Mary and Hannah, and I worked on getting laundry and some other household chores done.  John grilled steak for supper, and we followed that up with a caramel cake, that, yes, I bought.  It was still good.  :)

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • the Homeschool Chess Club.  Sarah Beth and Daniel are both participating in this online club and having great fun!  They even had a tournament Wednesday which Daniel won!  
  • a long weekend with John!  He didn't have to work Friday, he took Monday off, and then he had Tuesday off -- a five day weekend.
  • getting ahead on my laundry.  Okay, I didn't enjoy that so much, but it was nice taking a couple of days off from laundry afterwards.  :)
  • slow days.  We didn't have much to do Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, so it was nice to have that downtime.
  • a new recipe:  Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan.  A couple of my children weren't sure they would like this meal, but they tried it.  And they all loved it!  A new recipe that everyone likes?  That's a winner in my book!
  • Kroger's new QuickList.  I ordered my groceries online this morning and will pick them up this afternoon.  Having someone else do my grocery shopping for me sounds absolutely wonderful!  But I guess I'll find out how well they did this afternoon when I pick them up.  ;)
Sarah Beth has her last swim meet of the season tomorrow, and I'm going to be busy getting ready for my CC training next week.  But that's about it for our weekend.

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: