Friday, July 14, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Practicum


This week I had my first of two Classical Conversations practicums.  I need these to get my training for being director of our local campus.  They were three long days, but we enjoyed them.  Yes, we.  While I was being trained, my children went to CC camp which they love.  But we were exhausted every evening when we arrived home.  And it's hard for this homeschooling family to get out of the house three days in a row before 8:00 -- but we did it!  I utilized this strategy that I learned last year, and it was so helpful!

We spend Thursday catching up on household chores like the laundry.  And resting up!

Some other things I enjoyed:
  • sleeping late on Thursday.  Yes, I did!
  • talking with fellow CC mothers.
  • receiving necessary information to make this year a great one!
  • how well Hannah did; she was a trooper being in a nursery all day without a good nap.
  • being able to stay home all day Thursday.
  • Kroger's QuickList.  It was wonderful picking up my order last week without having to do the grocery shopping myself.  We're heading out this morning to pick up this week's order.  
I'm taking our oldest four children to see the play Mary Poppins this evening.  John wasn't very interested, and he was willing to stay home with Hannah, so he should have a quiet evening.  We have a date night planned for tomorrow night, and we look forward to that.  Other than those two things, we have a slow weekend planned.  I don't even have to go grocery shopping!  ;)

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: