Friday, June 9, 2017

What I've Enjoyed This Week: A Hunting Trip for the Boys and Spending Time with my Girls

John and Daniel also drove to visit Uncle Ray who lives in New Mexico, too!

I told you last week that John was spending time with Daniel, so I was having some quality time with my daughters.  Actually, John took Daniel prairie dog hunting in New Mexico which is apparently like whack-a-mole with a gun.  :)  They left last Wednesday and got back on Monday.  So it was just we girls for almost a week.  Daniel took some great pictures; as a matter of fact, he took all of them on this post today except for the one above -- obviously.  :)  While they were out there, they also spent a day with Uncle Ray and enjoyed seeing more of that part of the country.

Snow on the mountains!

While John and Daniel were driving and hunting -- and driving some more, the girls and I spent a lot of time at home.  We played many games, watched a few movies, and ate out too much.  :)

I love this picture of the different strata which were laid down after the Flood.

We had some friends over Friday afternoon.  She has three girls who are just about my oldest three girls' ages, so that was a lot of fun, especially without Daniel at home.  Poor boy!  He would have been the only boy among all of those girls!

They saw several rainbows on the way home because it kept raining on them!

Here are a few more things I've enjoyed this week:
  • our first real week of "normal" summer.  I don't count last week because it wasn't normal with John and Daniel gone.
  • Rachel had art camp all week and absolutely loved it!
  • reading a good book.
  • watching Hannah walk.  Beginning walkers are so cute!
  • the rental van.
This afternoon, they're bringing our new van.  The running boards haven't come in yet, but we'll make do until they do.  We're having supper with friends tomorrow night, and that's all of the plans that we have.  Hooray for a quiet weekend.  (I'm sure we'll still be busy, though.)  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: