Friday, June 16, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Spending Time with Friends and My Van!

What a cute photo opportunity!

We started our week off with a fun outing; we visited the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Sugar Land campus on Monday.  It was the first time we had been there, so it was great fun walking around and playing with the various hands-on activities.  We met some friends which made the time even better.  There was a special exhibit on the history of candy which we really enjoyed.  If only there had been some samples....  :)  They also had some different stations set up; in one we learned which rocks give us some common household items.

Learning where some of our common household items come from.

Since summer started, I feel like my days have been full but not productive -- if that makes sense.  Without school, I thought I would have more time:  time to read more, time to get some projects done.  But no.  I've been so busy running my children hither and yon that I get to the end of the day, wondering why my to-do list is still full.  I think we're busier now than we were during school time!  :)


Here are some other things I enjoyed this week:
  • my new van!  They delivered it Friday afternoon.  It still needs the running boards, so it's more difficult getting in and out, but it's nice to have it!
  • having supper with friends Saturday night.  We enjoyed wonderful fellowship without children.  :)
  • getting laundry folded -- finally.   Wednesday I finally got around to folding towels I had washed on Saturday.  That's just how my week has been.
  • staying home on Wednesday.  I think it's the first day since we finished with school that we haven't had to leave the house before 9:00.  It was nice!  (You may laugh, if you like, but remember that we homeschool.  :)  
  • swimming.  I took the kids yesterday, and it was much better.  At the very least, I didn't have to hold Hannah the whole time because I was able to put her in the nursery.  But the kids had a great time, and I wasn't too bored.  :)
  • a good book!
  • my little walker.  Hannah is adorable as she toddles around the house -- when she remembers.  Sometimes she forgets and does her knee-walking.
We're planning to see an adaptation of The Wizard of Oz put on by a local teen group tonight.  We don't have any plans tomorrow so we should be able to get some things done -- hopefully.  :)

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: