Friday, June 23, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Book Club


When I made my plans this week, I marveled that I didn't have too many chores to do and that I should be able to get them done relatively easily.  Boy, was I wrong!  We had swimming lessons all week, and I guess that threw my routine off just enough that I hardly got any of my chores done all week.  Ugh!  Maybe next week will be better -- except swimming lessons continue.  :)

Here are some things that I did enjoy this week:
  • Hannah's new shoes.  She wasn't too sure about them at first, but they're growing on her.  I don't put shoes on my children until they're walking and actually need them.  :)
  • how much my children enjoyed their swimming lessons
  • two cloudy days at the pool so it wasn't quite so HOT
  • Strawberry Lemonade Bars.  I made these for our church potluck on Sunday, and they were pretty good.  Well, let me say that people who LOVE lemon-y things LOVED this dessert, while those who don't, not so much
  • that we weren't deluged by the tropical storm this week, although we could have used some rain.
The best part of this week was Tuesday evening.  I watched a CC webinar about making your own summer learning plan, and the speaker encouraged us to read something good and maybe even start a book club.  So I did!  And we met for the first time Tuesday evening.  It was wonderful to spend time with a couple of other ladies, discussing our children's education.  We plan to meet again in a couple of weeks, and I look forward to it!  In case you're wondering, we're reading The Core by Leigh Bortins who is the founder of Classical Conversations.

Sarah Beth has a swim meet tomorrow, and there are some adult classes as well, so John is going to compete, too.  I'll probably stay home most of the morning with our other children.  That's the extent of our plans this weekend.

What do you have planned for the weekend?  What did you enjoy this week?

No comments: