Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Reading


I didn't get much read this month, and I'm okay with that considering that we spent almost two weeks traveling to Georgia, learning about the Civil War and spending time with family.  Books can wait; those other things can't.

Here's what I did get read:
  • Vet in the Vestry by Alexander Cameron.  This book combines more adventures by this vet-turned-pastor.  In humorous and serious stories, he shows that the life of a vet is not that different from life as a pastor.  I really enjoyed reading about his adventures in both of his roles.
  • 8 Great Smarts:  Discover and Nurture Your Child's Intelligences by Kathy Koch, Ph.D.  God has given everyone eight different "smarts," but nature and nurture determine which ones are stronger in each person.  For example, we all have music smarts, but some of us have more than others.  I love how this author showed how everybody is smart in his own way, even if it doesn't show up in places like school.  She also gives practical ways that we parents can increase our children's smarts in order to help them become the people God wants them to be.
  • The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.  I didn't read much of this book, less than a hundred pages, because I just couldn't get into it.  But I wanted to give it a try since I enjoyed her other book To the Bright Edge of the World so much.
  • Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette.  I loved this book about the Israelites beginning the conquest of Canaan.  You can read my full review here.
Hopefully with summer here -- and no school! -- I will have a little more time to read.  :)

What have you read lately?

No comments: