Monday, June 26, 2017

Do You Like What You Wear? You Should!

Maybe not the outfit you would choose!  :)

The other day I tried on a pair of shorts I had ordered, and it was a marvelous experience!  Why?  Because they fit!  When I pulled them on, I didn't have to tug them into place, and they were comfortable while looking nice.  It was wonderful!  They cost a little more than I wanted to pay, but this pair of shorts is worth it because I plan to wear them for years -- and enjoy wearing them that long!

Another fun thing happened last week, too.  As I looked into my drawer, I couldn't decide which shirt to wear -- because there were so many good ones to choose!  A great feeling!

After reading Marie Kondo's book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up a couple of years ago, I sorted through my clothes and gave away the ones that didn't fit or that I didn't enjoy wearing.  And I started only buying clothes that fit me well and that I want to wear.

I'm no fashionista, but I do think it's important to have clothes that you enjoy wearing and that fit you well.  It's better to have fewer items that you love to wear rather than more that you don't like.

Do you have a hard time deciding what to wear?  Is that because you have so many that you love to wear -- or so few?

If you have too many clothes that you don't like to wear, let me challenge you to do something about it.
  • Clean out your closet.  There's no reason to take up valuable room with clothes that you never wear.
  • Only buy clothes that you really enjoy.  Don't waste money on items that you may or may not wear.
  • Be willing to spend a little more on them.  I understand being on a budget.  That's why I only bought one pair of those wonderfully fitting shorts.  Meanwhile I can make do with ones that I don't enjoy so much, and maybe next year I can get another pair.  As I said before, it's better to have fewer clothes that you enjoy wearing rather than tons that you don't.
  • Take care of them so they last longer.   My mother dries her shirts for just a few minutes then hangs them up to finish drying so they last longer.  If you get something on your shirt, go ahead and treat it so hopefully it won't stain.  Wear an apron.  :)
I will admit that I do still have some clothes that I don't enjoy wearing, but I'm working on replacing them with things that I do.  I will also admit that I wear a lot of jeans and t-shirts, but there's no reason my jeans and shirts can't fit me well and look nice.

How do you like your wardrobe?  Is there anything you'd like to change?

No comments: