Thursday, May 25, 2017

What I've Enjoyed This Week: Being Home!

Hannah loved playing with Sparky at my parents' house -- once she got used to her!

After being gone for almost two weeks to visit family and learn more about the Atlanta campaign during the Civil War, it was lovely to have a quiet week at home.  I checked my to-do list everyday and was surprised to see so little on it.  We didn't have to prepare for CC or go to soccer practice.  Sarah Beth does have swim team practice, but it's so late in the evening that John is able to take her and stay with her until she finishes which leaves me free to stay home.  :)

Here are a few more things I enjoyed this week:
  • a rainy Monday.  We've needed the rain badly.
  • finishing school.  I didn't expect to finish this week and certainly not yesterday, but it's just the way it happened.  I'm not going to complain about being done with school for the summer!
  • an invitation for Sarah Beth to go to the beach with a friend today.  I hope they're having fun!
  • webinars.  Tracey asked me to let her know which ones I've enjoyed from the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle:  the Temper Toolkit -- which had some great information about keeping one's temper -- and Raising Siblings to Be Best Friends from the Mom Conference which had some useful information but wasn't from a Christian point of view.  
  • I've also enjoyed several sessions from the Homeschool Curriculum Online Summit.  If you'd like to know which ones specifically, let me know.
One thing that I did not enjoy this week was dropping a set of children's books on my foot Tuesday.  Ouch!  Although it's very bruised and swollen, it's not broken, and I can walk, so I'm not complaining -- too much.  ;)  Actually, I was amazed at how much better it was yesterday morning.

Today we plan to get half-price milkshakes from Sonic.  Yum!  Tomorrow we're going to look at vans because my vehicle is getting old, and we have a quiet weekend scheduled.  Yea!  Maybe I can get caught up on my blog reading; I'm so behind!

What have you enjoyed this week?  What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: