Friday, May 5, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: A New Camera and Bullet Journaling


We had a nice quiet week scheduled for which I am so very glad because several of us were "under the weather."  It started Saturday with Rachel, then I caught it on Sunday.  Finally, on Wednesday when we started feeling better, it was Mary's turn.  Ugh!

On Sunday when I had to stay home from church, I watched a webinar about bullet journaling, and my attention was immediately piqued.  Apparently, you can use bullet journaling for all kinds of things, even as a daily planner, but I'm using it as a place to keep collections of ideas.  For example, I now have a running list of movies to watch, fun books to read, and things to do with my children.  And it's all contained in one journal, so it's all together; I know where it is when I need an idea or when I want to add something else.  I'm very excited about this.  Knowing me, however, I hope I keep up with it because I really think it could help declutter my mind.  :)

Also, Daniel earned some money, and since he's a spender, I tried to help him come up with a good way to spend it instead of on a bunch of junk.  I remembered that he loves taking pictures.  He used to always ask to take pictures with our camera, but I guess he stopped because we always told him "no."  I suggested a camera to him, and I wish you could have seen how his face lit up.  When we mentioned it to John, he remembered that we have an old camera that just need a charger.  So Daniel now has a new-to-him camera for the cost of a charger.  And he has been taking pictures up a storm!  He's taken some good ones, too, and I plan to share some with you soon.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:

  • feeling well enough to do school.  I was afraid we might have to cancel some school, and I really didn't want to do that because we're so close to finishing for the year.
  • watching my children put puzzles together.  For some reason, puzzles have been popular this week, and I think it's wonderful when they work on them.
  • the Homeschool Online Curriculum Summit.  An online homeschool conference?  That's free?  Yes, please!  I've only watched a couple of webinars so far, but I've enjoyed them.  
  • finishing up school.  We only have nine more days!
Tomorrow is Sarah Beth's last soccer game.  Sadly, soccer will be over for our family until the fall.  Other than that, we have a relatively free weekend which will be nice.  Maybe I can get some errands run since we've been stuck at home all week.  :)

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

We are going to be very, very busy for the next couple of weeks, so I may not be online much.  I just wanted to let you know ahead of time.  :)

No comments: