Friday, April 21, 2017

What I've Enjoyed This Week: Memory Masters! and Two Finished Blankets



Sarah Beth and Daniel did it!  They passed all four of their testings for Memory Masters!  I'm so proud of them!  I just wish I had taken a picture of them.  :(

I also finished these two blankets.  The purple one I actually finished last month except for weaving in the ends.  I enjoyed working on the blue one:  it was a new pattern which I found intriguing.  It started in one corner and each row increased stitches until it was time to start decreasing stitches, ending up in the opposite corner.  It also did not require too much mental energy which was good because I don't have much of that right now with all of the prep work for Memory Masters.  :)  The color didn't show up very well, but it's a very light blue:  not baby blue, more of a sky blue.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed:
  • My birthday was last Friday, and we had a nice, quiet day at home.  Then we went out for supper which was lovely since I didn't have to prepare or clean up after a meal.  :)  And I had a delicious store-bought cake!
  • Sarah Beth made the swim team!  Daniel decided he wasn't interested.
  • A few days off school.  Several of the children have been sick with colds, but they're getting better.  And we've all enjoyed a break!
  • Getting caught up on some neglected chores since we didn't have school.  Well, doing the chores wasn't much fun, but knowing that they're done feels pretty good!
I'm not sure why, but we don't have soccer games this weekend.  We don't really have anything planned, so we should have a nice, quiet weekend.  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: