Friday, April 7, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: An Unexpected Visit

Doesn't this look like Hannah?  But it's Mary!

We are working really hard this month finishing up with our CC work.  Next week is our last campus day, our day to meet, and we've got a lot to do.  Sarah Beth needs to finish her last research paper for her Essentials class, and both she and Daniel are working hard to attain the elusive Memory Master title.  So we are spending as much time as possible at home, getting these things done.  I have to admit that I look forward to being done with all of this!  I can't seem to think about much beyond the next two weeks, but it will be worth it when it's all done!

I may not have much down this week, but I have been busy!  :)  Here are a few things I've enjoyed this week:
  • Yesterday, some friends dropped by unexpectedly, and it was wonderful reconnecting with them!
  • Podcasts.  Tracey had an interesting post about listening to podcasts, and I thought that sounded like a great idea -- but I wasn't sure when I would find the time.  Finally, it occurred to me that after lunch when the kids go outside to play, the house is relatively quiet so I can listen to something.  And I usually use that time to clean up after lunch (and maybe breakfast) along with doing any prep work for supper that I can.  It's a wonderful time, and I'm so glad that Tracey suggested it!
  • Music.  When I remember, I stream the Amazon music station with the classical focus.  We get to hear all kinds of classical music, and it continues to play until I turn it off -- which doesn't happen with CDs.  :)  My children don't enjoy it as much as I do; when they have their own homes, they can do whatever they want!
  • While I haven't exactly enjoyed going over CC memory work over and over and over again, I have enjoyed watching Sarah Beth and Daniel get more comfortable with it, as the answers come more easily.
I start the testing process this afternoon with Daniel, and tomorrow I will start with Sarah Beth.  We also have three soccer games in the morning.  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: