Friday, March 3, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Texas Independence Day



Yesterday was Texas Independence Day, and we enjoyed learning about that time period at the Stephen F. Austin statue outside of Angleton.  There were different stations where my children had a chance to try making butter, learn about firearms and doctoring, hear about cooking over an open fire, and so much more!  Daniel and Hannah enjoyed the cannons the most; Hannah couldn't stop giggling after they shot it!  Mary enjoyed the sewing, Sarah Beth the rope-making, and Rachel a game with sticks and a hoop.  My favorite was learning how to spin wool into yarn.  Maybe when I have fewer children at home and theoretically more time, I can get a spinning wheel.  :)  As you can see, we had a great time and learned a lot.  Unfortunately, Hannah was a little fussy, so I wasn't able to get many pictures.  :(  Oh, well!

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • dinner with friends.  We were invited to some friends' house last Saturday evening, and we always enjoy spending time with them.  They have children whose ages are close to ours, so they have a great time playing with them, too.
  • running.  Okay, I don't really enjoy running, but I've felt really good this week while jogging.  My 5K is at the end of the month, but I feel ready for it now.  :)
  • meeting friends yesterday.  It was much more fun with friends!
  • Sonic half-priced milkshakes on Wednesday.
Other than three soccer games on Saturday, we have a quiet day planned which will be nice!  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: