Friday, March 24, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: My Mother


My mother came into town last week, and we had so much fun running around town with her.  If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that my mother keeps us busier than we're used to while she is here.  But we enjoy it, and we get a lot done.  Most importantly, we love spending the time with her.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Haircuts.  It's just easier to take all of my children to get haircuts at the same time, especially if I have a couple of extra hands to help deal with Hannah.  We took care of this chore while my mother was here.
  • A clean garage!  My mother can't seem to stand our dirty, messy garage, so she usually (but not always) ropes the children into helping her clean it out.  Then she rewards them with a milkshake or something, and it's all good!
  • A clean car.  She also tackled my car, cleaning it out and getting it washed.  
  • An unexpected visit.  I received a surprise text Sunday evening from a friend we haven't seen in a while.  She wanted to know if we wanted to meet her and her children and go hiking Monday morning.  Of course!  We always enjoy spending time with friends!
  • New books.  I bought a couple of collections of abridged classic books at my Usborne Books party.  While I hoped that Daniel would read and enjoy them, I had no idea he would dive into them as quickly as he did.  He read Huckleberry Finn and then started Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I wasn't sure about these books when I bought them, but now I'm so happy I did!
  • I got a letter in the mail!  All of my children (except Hannah) have pen pals, so I've been a little jealous of their getting real, live mail.  But Wednesday it was my turn!
We did not enjoy taking my mother back to the airport.  :(  We even tried to think of some ways to keep her here, but it just wouldn't work.  However, we are a little bit, just a little bit, glad to get back to our relatively quiet routine.  :)

Tomorrow, I run my first 5K of the year!  And we have four soccer games.  Yes, four.  Sarah Beth has a double-header.  It's going to be a busy, busy day!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: