Friday, March 17, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: My Christmas Present!



I have the best husband!  When he asked me what I wanted for Christmas back in November, I thought about it for a while and then asked him to take the kids camping.  Since he's taken them before, I wasn't asking for something he might not want to do.  Hannah and I would stay home, and I would get a vacation!  I wasn't in a hurry for my gift, so John took them this past weekend to Caprock Canyon State Park.

They had a great time!  They hiked a lot, and there were some challenging trails as you can see in the pictures.  But it was cold!  They managed, however, and now my children have great memories with their father.

What did I do?  Well, it took me two days to get to the point where I could look around and think, "I don't really have anything to do" which is what I was going for!  I did some cleaning and straightening the first couple of days, and then enjoyed my clean house for the rest of the weekend.  I also hosted an Usborne Books party Friday night.  It was the first time I've hosted any kind of party, and while it was small, we all had a great time.

To top it all off, my mother came into town on Tuesday, and we're having a wonderful time with her!

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Lisa from the Pennington Point wrote this post about finding joy when unexpected (bad) things happen.  (Remember my word for the year?  Joy!)  I love her daily goal so much that I wrote it down and posted it on my refrigerator.  "My goal today is to glorify God and further His kingdom through my children."  
  • Shopping.  My mother took us shopping one morning, and we had so much fun picking out new clothes.  While I do buy new clothes for my children -- when they need them, we don't usually go shopping like this.  We all enjoyed the time.
  • Swimming.  My mother and I took the kids swimming one morning, and they had a great time.
  • Time off from school!  With Mom here, I'm declaring it spring break!
We don't have anything planned this weekend.  It's spring break in our county, so there aren't any soccer games this weekend.  A quiet weekend at home?  Not likely with my mother here!  :)

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

By the way, happy St. Patrick's Day!  If you don't know why we should celebrate it, check out this post.

No comments: