Friday, March 31, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Four Soccer Games and a 5K

I haven't posted a picture of this cutie in a while, so here you go!  She's almost fourteen months old, can you believe it?

Last Saturday was almost crazy-busy, but we did it!  I ran the 5K, all of it!  After a quick shower, we started on our four soccer games which took the whole day.  We all got a little too much sun except Rachel with whom we are always careful, and we were exhausted when the evening rolled around.  But it was a good day for everyone.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • the finish line of the 5K!
  • sleeping late.  As a reward for running the 5K, I took the week off from jogging which let me sleep late.  :)
  • a quiet week at home except for soccer practice.
  • a day off from school.  Yesterday, Sarah Beth and Rachel weren't feeling well, so we took the day off from school.
  • reading (un)Natural Mom by Hettie Brittz.  When I read the chapter about the Boxwood Mother, I felt like the author had followed me around for a week taking notes before she wrote it.  :)  I'll tell you more about this book next week in my monthly review of the books that I've read.
  • tutoring Essentials on Wednesday.  Our tutor was not there for CC this week, so I was asked to step in to tutor the afternoon class for the older students which includes writing instruction, parsing sentences, and a little bit of math.  It was the first time I've done this, but I look forward to tutoring the whole class next year!
Tomorrow we have more soccer games, but they're early -- which is good and bad.  We'll get them over with early (and be less likely to burn!), but we have to get out of the door early.  Other than that, we've got a quiet weekend at home which will be lovely.

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: