Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February Reading


One of my goals for February was to read and review the four books I had or was expecting.  I got three of them done, and they made up the bulk of my reading for the month.

Here's what I read:
  • The Happiness Dare by Jennifer Dukes Lee.  Yes, I read this again as there was an online book club with the author on Facebook.  I picked up a few more tricks during this read, too, for maximizing my happiness in my year of joy.  
  • Against the Tide:  The Valor of Margaret Wilson by Hope Irvin Marston.  This fictionalized retelling of the story of Margaret Wilson gives a wonderful look into what life was like for the Covenanters during the reign of Charles II when they were persecuted, tortured, and martyred for their faith.  The heroine was only eighteen when she was killed for her faith, and the book doesn't have anything graphic in it, so I had Sarah Beth (10) read it.  She enjoyed it, but I could tell that it started her thinking which was my goal.  Knowing that people have been and are tortured and killed for their faith is something our children should know.
  • King's Blood by Jill Williamson.  You can read my review of this exciting fantasy here.
  • The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn.  You can read my review here.
  • The Mark of the King by Jocelyn Green.  You can read my review of this historical fiction of the founding of Louisiana here.
What have you read lately?

No comments: