Friday, February 10, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: The Summit!

I do have more children, but this cutie is available more often for pictures.  She tends to be happier to smile for the camera, too.  :)

Last weekend, I attended the Homeschool Moms' Winter Summit.  I had a wonderful time, and I learned a lot.  I wish every state had something similar for homeschooling mothers because we can all use that kind of encouragement and refreshment.  I went with a friend, and I also enjoyed spending time with her.  I think she went to spend time with me and was pleasantly surprised by how much she learned and was encouraged despite her twenty years of homeschooling.  :)  As I've told many people already, you know you have a good husband when he lets you go off for the weekend, leaving him alone with five children.  :)

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • texting my sister.  We don't do that enough.
  • finishing a good book
  • Hannah's birthday
  • an empty day.  One of my children was sick Wednesday, so we had to stay home from CC.  Since CC takes our whole day and we're tired when we get home, I schedule almost nothing to do on those days.  Staying home gave me a day with nothing planned!  I was able to catch up on a few things that I hadn't gotten to earlier in the week and also get ahead by doing things scheduled for Thursday.  That was nice!  In case you're wondering, we did do a little bit of school, too.  No need to waste the day!  ;)
  • soccer!  Sarah Beth and Daniel both started practices this week.  We were worried about Daniel's team because I received an email stating that they didn't have a coach for it yet.  But someone came through and volunteered!
  • listening to CDs of some of the workshops at the Summit that I missed because I was in different ones:  one by Lisa Pennington and one by Susan Seay.  I look forward to listening to the last one I have and then listening to them again!
We don't have much planned this weekend which is nice since I was gone last weekend.  Well, there's Daniel's birthday, but he hasn't asked for much, unlike Rachel.  :)

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: