Friday, February 17, 2017

What I Enjoyed this Week: Our Anniversary

We were so young!

Today is our anniversary!  Sixteen years!  As we tell each other often, it feels like forever and yet it also feels like it was just yesterday that we walked down the aisle.  :)

This week was a quiet one.  As I looked at my schedule Sunday night after writing everything down, I realized that I didn't have much going on, and I thought, "How nice!"  :)  Of course, my days were still fairly full with daily homemaking and homeschooling, but we didn't have much else.  But I am getting used to soccer season again, having to take Sarah Beth and Daniel to practice every evening which really impacts what I can fix for supper:  either something real quick when we get home or something real slow in the crock pot.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Daniel's birthday.  He's such a simple fellow that he didn't plan much, but he and John had a great time playing golf on Sunday.  
  • finishing a good book:  The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • Daniel was invited to go fishing yesterday afternoon and had a great time
  • taking Daniel to the grocery store with me on Saturday.  We had so much fun together!  In order to spend more time with each child, I plan to take one with me on my weekly trip to the grocery store.  Rachel's eyes lit up when she discovered that she could go with me tomorrow.  
We're going out for supper tonight to celebrate our anniversary, and we have soccer games tomorrow morning.  Fun!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: