Monday, February 27, 2017

February Review of Goals

My little cowboy girl.

We've had a fairly quiet month at home which has been nice.  I always enjoy my time at home.  :)  I feel like I did well with my goals except for the ones having to do with hospitality.  I'm out of practice which makes it harder.
  • I want to run two 5Ks.  My training is right on schedule for the first one in March.
  • Fun School Days.  We celebrated National Tootsie Roll Day and remembered the siege of the Alamo.
  • Hospitality:  having other mothers and children over for games and such.  I invited several mothers and their children to meet us at the park, but no one was available.
  • Hospitality:  we also used to have families over for supper one night each month, and we need to get back into doing this again, too.  We were too busy this month -- and probably will be again next month.
  • Date night.  John and I celebrated our anniversary by going out to eat.
  • Get comfortable enough with my handgun to go shoot by myself.  I did not go shooting this month.
My goals for February:
  • Increase my running from 25 minutes to thirty.  I exceeded this goal and made it to thirty-six minutes which puts me in a great place with a month to go until the 5K.
  • Finish Crystal's course.  I've still got a couple more days to finish.  
  • Schedule my days in blocks of time.  I tried this idea for a few days and didn't find it helpful.  I found that I already do this mentally.  :)
  • Review four books.  I reviewed three of them, and I hope to get the fourth done next week.  
March is going to be very busy for us with a couple of trips and my mother coming to visit, so I'm keeping my goals fairly easy:  
  • Run a 5K.  My goal is to run the whole thing, and maybe, just maybe, I'll run it a little faster than I did the last one.  :)
  • Celebrate pi Day.  That day will be our fun school day for the month as we celebrate circles.
How are you doing with your goals?  What have you accomplished lately?

No comments: