Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Book Review: The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn


Kindness seems like such a simple thing that's not worth much, but according to this author -- and her research -- kindness has the power to change the world.  As we show kindness to those around us, in general, they will respond in the same way.  Felhahn also describes several ways that we are unkind without even realizing it.  She gives many examples of ways that we can show kindness.  Then she challenges her readers to implement what they have learned and show kindness to someone in particular with her thirty day challenge.

This book is the second one by Feldhahn that I've read, and I was so impressed by the first that I immediately wanted to read this one.  I was not disappointed.  As she weaves together her research with anecdotes, the idea of kindness actually changing our difficult relationships seems possible and even probable.  I haven't tried the challenge on anyone -- yet, but I can see how, realistically, it can change the one doing the challenge and even the one on whom the challenge is being done.  Yes, I recommend this book, not just because it is interesting but also because it has the power to show you how to improve your relationships.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: