My little mess-maker!
I've thought about writing an enjoyment post the past couple of weeks, but I was having too much fun enjoying my family! So this will have to do. :) Here are just a few of the things that I enjoyed these past three weeks:
- having John home a lot more than usual for the weeks around Christmas
- seeing how excited our children were opening their gifts
- the Christmas Eve service at church
- going to church on Christmas Day. It feels right to celebrate Jesus' birth by going to church.
- spending time with friends: we had two invitations, one for swimming (yes, it was warm enough for that!) and one to play
- a week off school. We only took a week off because I thought we were behind, and I wanted to catch up.
- When I refigured, I realized that we're a little bit ahead. Hooray!
- playing games with my children. They were given Ticket to Ride, and I've enjoyed playing that with Sarah Beth, Daniel, and Rachel.
- making dryer balls from wool yarn. I had never felted anything before, so I found it fascinating to see how the wool felted when I washed it.
- staying home and going to bed early on New Year's Eve. :)
What have you enjoyed recently? How was your Christmas and New Year's?