Friday, January 27, 2017

What I Enjoyed This Week: Rachel's Birthday and Flowers


Yesterday was Rachel's birthday, and that girl loves to plan her birthday.  She starts thinking about it the day after her birthday, so she's good and ready when it rolls around again.  :)  Since we don't celebrate with parties, we let our children plan their day -- within reason.  Rachel requested homemade doughnuts for breakfast, followed by Chick-fil-A for lunch.  Daniel's soccer team had an end-of-the-season party at Chuck E. Cheese, and he told glowing stories about his experience, so that's where Rachel wanted supper even though she's never actually been.  To top it all off, she asked for an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.  Oh, boy!  It's a good thing that calories consumed on your child's birthday don't count.  :)  She may have gone just a bit overboard this year which we have already addressed.  John usually takes off for our children's birthdays, but he was unable to this year.  But he's taking today off, and Rachel looks forward to spending the day with him, including a trip to the Lego Store to pick out one of her presents.

Here are a few other things that I enjoyed this week:

  • I bought flowers last week to help with my word for the year:  joy, and they're still very pretty.  They make me happy when I see them and when I smell them.  Delightful!
  • John and I had supper with friends last Saturday night -- without the kids!  We always enjoy seeing them, and our children enjoy their children, so we do try to get together often.  But there's something nice about having time with friends without the interruptions of children, don't you think?
  • My children made up a game "Catch Me if You Can" which they love to play outside.  Instead of sending them outside because they don't want to go, now I have to call them inside to finish up their schoolwork.  I don't know how long this will last, but I love all of the time they're spending outside.
  • No school on Rachel's birthday.  Am I the only one who thought it wasn't fair to have to go to school on my birthday?  That's one of the perks of homeschooling -- no school on your birthday.  :)
  • Doughnuts.  I mean, who doesn't love doughnuts for breakfast?  :)
John and I are attending our local pregnancy center's banquet this evening, and we should enjoy that. Date night!  We don't have much planned for Saturday which is also nice!

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: