You've got to get them started early with loving to read!
I didn't make many goals last year -- other than having a baby. :) Being pregnant and having a new baby kept me so busy mentally that I couldn't do too much planning. But I don't have that excuse anymore; besides, I enjoy making goals. And the first of the year is a good time for goal-making.
In the past, I made goals for my year, and last year I made some monthly goals. I'm going to try a hybrid: making goals for my year along with some goals for specific months. I'll see how it works!
Here are my goals for this year:
- I want to run two 5Ks. I really enjoyed running a 5K in October, so I thought I'd run two this year. Both take place here in town about ten minutes from where we live, so they are easy to get to.
- Fun School Days. I used to try to celebrate fun school days, but I've gotten out of the habit. I want to bring them back. They give a nice excuse to learn something a little different, and they bring a bit more fun to school.
- Hospitality: having other mothers and children over for games and such. I'm not sure why I stopped doing this except maybe that I had a baby. :) I want to get back to it, and I'm using you to keep my accountable.
- Hospitality: we also used to have families over for supper one night each month, and we need to get back into doing this again, too.
- Date night. One more thing we need to get back to doing every month.
- Get comfortable enough with my handgun to go shoot by myself although I may not actually go by myself. :)
Here are my goals for this month:
- Increase my running from fifteen minutes to twenty. Yes, I measure my running in minutes not miles.
- Go through Crystal's Make Over Your Evenings Course. I did her morning course this past summer, and I need to go through this one since I already paid for it. :)
I also read the article "10 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year" and journaled my answers. I thought the questions were thought-provoking and helpful as I thought about how I wanted to grow spiritually this year.
Do you make yearly and/or monthly goals?