Monday, January 9, 2017

My Goals for 2016

You've got to get them started early with loving to read!

I didn't make many goals last year -- other than having a baby.  :)  Being pregnant and having a new baby kept me so busy mentally that I couldn't do too much planning.  But I don't have that excuse anymore; besides, I enjoy making goals.  And the first of the year is a good time for goal-making.

In the past, I made goals for my year, and last year I made some monthly goals.  I'm going to try a hybrid:  making goals for my year along with some goals for specific months.  I'll see how it works!

Here are my goals for this year:
  • I want to run two 5Ks.  I really enjoyed running a 5K in October, so I thought I'd run two this year.  Both take place here in town about ten minutes from where we live, so they are easy to get to.  
  • Fun School Days.  I used to try to celebrate fun school days, but I've gotten out of the habit.  I want to bring them back.  They give a nice excuse to learn something a little different, and they bring a bit more fun to school.
  • Hospitality:  having other mothers and children over for games and such.  I'm not sure why I stopped doing this except maybe that I had a baby.  :)  I want to get back to it, and I'm using you to keep my accountable.  
  • Hospitality:  we also used to have families over for supper one night each month, and we need to get back into doing this again, too.
  • Date night.  One more thing we need to get back to doing every month.  
  • Get comfortable enough with my handgun to go shoot by myself although I may not actually go by myself.  :)  
Here are my goals for this month:
  • Increase my running from fifteen minutes to twenty.  Yes, I measure my running in minutes not miles.  
  • Go through Crystal's Make Over Your Evenings Course.  I did her morning course this past summer, and I need to go through this one since I already paid for it.  :)
I also read the article "10 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year" and journaled my answers.  I thought the questions were thought-provoking and helpful as I thought about how I wanted to grow spiritually this year.  

Do you make yearly and/or monthly goals?  

No comments: