Monday, January 23, 2017

Book Review: Spectacle of Glory by Joni Eareckson Tada


This little book contains a daily devotional which starts with a verse or two, moves though some of Joni's thoughts, and finishes with a short prayer.

I have to admit that I'm not usually a fan of devotionals like this one since they tend to be simplistic and shallow.  However, I was pleasantly surprised by this one, although I shouldn't have been because of who the author is.  :)  Many of the devotions that I've read have made me ponder Biblical truths, and I've earnestly prayed several of the prayers.

If you're short on time, this little book may be a great way for you to connect with God every day.  It also makes a nice add-on to a daily Scripture study.

I want to thank Handlebar Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: