Monday, January 2, 2017

Book Review: Courage to Soar by Simone Biles


In this book, Olympic gymnast Simone Biles tells her story of how she came to live with her grandparents who became her adopted parents and also how she became the talented gymnast that she is.  Her enthusiasm for life comes through very well, and the reader can almost "hear" Simone's voice through the words on the page.  Having read about this beginning of her life, I can't help but wonder what lies in store for Simone in her future.

I enjoyed this book very much, but it needed some better editing.  There were many instances of slang and poor grammar that should have been cleaned up for better reading.  With that said, however, I recommend this book, especially for young people, because of Simone's hard work ethic -- and just because it was fun to read.  My ten year old daughter also enjoyed this book.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: