Friday, December 2, 2016

What I've Enjoyed The Past Two Weeks: Thanksgiving!

Three of my children playing a new card game with one of their cousins.

Look what Sarah Beth did!

Several wonderful things happened during Thanksgiving Week, things which I enjoyed immensely and for which I am very thankful.

First of all, my parents came to visit.  We always enjoy seeing them, and it's especially nice when they visit and insert themselves into our lives.  I was able to spend some time with just my mother (no children!) a couple of times, so we had some great conversations.  And my father went golfing with my husband and my son, and I know they had fun.

John was able to take a couple of days off from work, and it's always wonderful when he does that.  Having him home like that is something that we all enjoy, and I know that he enjoys the time off work.  :)

My brother and his family were hunting in a different part of Texas, so they came by our house on their way home.  They spent Sunday afternoon and evening with us and left early Monday morning.  Watching my children play and enjoy a couple of their cousins warmed my heart.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed:
  • a trip to the zoo with my mother and children.  We hadn't been in a year, and the kids had been eager to go.
  • Thanksgiving dinner!  Yum!!  John smoked the turkey on the grill and it was delicious!
  • the help that my mother was.  When she wasn't cleaning up the kitchen (and the mess I made), she was playing games with my children.  
  • seeing Daniel get more excited about playing golf as he learned some things from John and my father.
  • seeing how sweet my niece and nephew were with my children who are several years younger.
  • spending time with my sister-in-law and brother.  We don't see them enough!
  • the woodworking class that Daniel and Sarah Beth took Wednesday afternoon.  They sanded the pieces to make jeep puzzles and had a lot of fun with that.  When we got home, they assembled them.  Daniel's didn't fit together quite right, so I don't have a picture of his -- yet.
What did you enjoy during the past couple of weeks?

No comments: