Friday, November 4, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Busy Weekend and a Nine Month Old!


Hannah turns nine months old today!  She enjoys eating her solid food -- which is still just baby food.  She also enjoys the freedom and flexibility of taking a bottle.  :)


And she especially loves doing the army crawl all over the house.  Sometimes, I cry out, "Where's the baby?"  And we find her in the dining room or the laundry room.  She has fun, and so do we!

 Hannah just couldn't stay awake through all of Sarah Beth's soccer game.  

Whew!  I knew last Saturday was going to be busy, and it sure was!  But we made it through the day, and it was worth it!  I met my goal of running the whole 5K.  While it certainly wasn't easy, it was easier than the last one I ran since I was in better shape.  And I wasn't nearly as sore afterwards.  Definitely, it was worth the extra training.  :)  As one of my friends told me, I was a winner because I ran the whole thing!  I like her thinking!

Then we were off to two soccer games.  Daniel's team played a good game and ended up with a tie.  Sarah Beth's team played girls who were bigger and probably older.  They had lost to this team before, but they played very well on Saturday.  It was a heartbreaking loss:  the other team scored on a controversial penalty kick with seconds left on the clock.  Ugh!  But we were so proud of these girls; they have come a long way this season!

We scurried home and quickly bathed everyone.  Then we had a few minutes to relax before eating a quick supper and heading to have our pictures taken.  We met the photographer at the beach, and we had a great session.  I had met her last spring at Mary's and Rachel's swimming lessons, and I thought she'd be good because she has children, too.  We're eagerly waiting to see some proofs!

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • A week off from jogging!  Yes, I rewarded myself with sleeping in a little bit this week and being a little lazy.  :)  Honestly, I'm surprised that I actually miss jogging -- but not too much.  :)  
  • Sarah Beth and Daniel attended a wood-working class which they really enjoyed where they built birdhouses.
  • Baskin Robbins ice cream on Reformation Day.  Yum!  (Don't forget that BR has it's scoops for only $1.31 on the 31st!)
  • Watching the last three games of the World Series.  I haven't watched professional baseball since the early 1990's, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  Daniel appreciated it, too!  We were excited that the Cubs won since they're from the National League.  
What did you enjoy this week?

I am meeting a friend for dinner tonight, and we both look forward to some uninterrupted time to talk.  :)  Tomorrow we have friends coming for supper after more soccer games, and we look forward to spending time with them.  

What do you have planned this weekend?

Do you know why I watched baseball in the early 1990's?  Hint:  I'm a Georgia native.

(If you can't figure it out, here's the answer.)

No comments: